Membership of the Tasmanian Quilting Guild is open to all individuals and groups who are passionate about patchwork & quilting, accept the objectives and rules of the Guild and pay the joining fee and the annual subscription as set out below:
Would you like to join the Guild ?
- The Annual Subscription fee will be $40.00 for this financial year.
- Please remember to PRINT clearly when completing the form here, especially phone numbers and your email address.
- When using the Direct Deposit facility remember you still have to send in your form.
- The date required for membership to enable entry to the exhibition is yet to be determined and may be different from the financial membership year clause.
- When you have completed the form, please forward it, together with your subscription, to:
- The Treasurer, PO Box 181, North Hobart, TAS 7002
Joining fee $10.00
Annual subscription – adult $40.00
Annual subscription – junior $20.00
Annual subscription – group $40.00
Membership entitlements – extracted from the Guild’s Constitution and By-Laws :
- Membership is open to all individuals and groups who accept the objectives and rules of the Guild – each member shall pay an annual subscription to the Guild and new members shall pay a joining fee.
- Any member who has failed to pay the annual subscription before the date of the AGM (usually the 3rd Saturday in September each year) shall be deemed to be unfinancial and cannot vote at or stand for election at the AGM. The financial year of the Guild begins on the 1st July and ends on 30th June the following year.
- When a person becomes a member after the 31st March of any year, the subscription shall cover membership to the 30th June of the following year.
Financial members are entitled to –
- Receive a copy of the newsletter
- Exhibit quilted items in Island Quilts exhibition subject to the criteria of the exhibition determined by the Exhibition Committee.
- Attend workshops, retreats or any function organised by the Guild at members’ rates and advertise commercial activities in the Guild newsletter at members’ rates.
A financial Affiliated Group Member of the Guild is entitled to –
- Exhibit one quilt in Island Quilts, which may be a collaborative quilt or made by an individual member of that group.
- Nominate one member of the group to attend Guild workshops at the same fee as individual members.
Be promoted by the Guild.
- Affiliated groups may apply to be covered by the Guild’s insurance.
Members aged from 8-18 are classed as Junior members and shall pay a joining fee the same as the adult joining fee and pay an annual subscription equal to half of that set for adult members and are entitled to –
- Exhibit quilted items in Island Quilts subject to the criteria of the exhibition determined by the Exhibition Committee.
- Attend workshops at the same fee as individual members.